Unlike previous Hackintoshes, MacOS Mojave is not going to be easy to Install on PC, Apple officially kicked off a lot of Ancient Macs from its latest Operating System. Most of the old hardware is officially unsupported. But with Niresh Mojave you can easily install Mojave on partially unsupported hardware too.
Advantage of Other Methods VS Niresh Mojave.
- You do not need a real Mac: All other Hackintoshing methods need to have an existing macOS installation for it to work. This usually means that you either have to find a real Mac, or set up a Mac VMware. However, with Niresh Mojave, you can just set up everything even from a Windows / Linux computer.
- The post installation is easier: By default, Niresh Mojave will automatically install necessary Hackintosh specific kexts and drivers for your computer when you boot your macOS installation for the first time. Other methods require you to do this manually, While the post installation in Niresh Mojave can cover up most Hackintoshes (you may have to use Install some kexts manually), it is still a nice convenience.
- Niresh Mojave Support AMD Processor: Normally, computers that use AMD processors are unsupported by Mac OS X. However, Niresh Mojave includes experimental “patched” kernels that may allow Mac OS X to work with these processors regardless.
- You can install it on a hard drive that already has Windows installed. By default, the Mac OS X installer will not work with hard drives that were originally formatted in Windows. Therefore, if your computer’s hard drive already has Windows installed on it, you won’t be able to install Mac OS X on there. Normally, you can bypass this limitation by applying the MBR patch; however, Niresh Mojave does this for you automatically, saving you one extra step. (You must use the AMD Version of Niresh Mojave)
- Niresh Mojave supports more hardware: Normally other Hackintoshing methods are specific for a Computer Build, but Niresh Mojave can be Installed on most computers without touching a single line of code.
Interested in Installing Hackintosh Mojave? Here are the Niresh Mojave requirements:
- An existing computer with Windows, Linux or Mac: This is the computer where you will download and set up Niresh Mojave. The computer can run either Windows, Linux or macOS; any operating systems will work.
- A Hackintosh-compatible computer with an empty hard drive: This is the computer where you will install Hackintosh Mojave. It can be the same computer as the one mentioned in the previous point. If your computer already has macOS installed, Niresh Mojave will just update macOS normally, without deleting any of your apps or files, but always a fresh installation is recommended. macOS needs its own hard drive partition — a minimum of 15 GB of space is required, but at least 50 GB of space is recommended. It is preferred that you use a completely empty hard drive for Installing Niresh Mojave.
- Niresh Mojave (Intel Mojave Hackintosh | AMD Mojave Hackintosh) (Free): Niresh Mojave is a distro of macOS Mojave that has been modified to work with PCs. You will need to use a Bittorrent client to download the disk image file containing Niresh Mojave, which is a little less than 6 GB in size. You must register on the Hackintosh Zone website to be able to download anything.
- An empty USB drive (8 GB or larger): In this guide, you will write (port) Niresh Mojave onto a USB drive, and boot your computer from that drive to install macOS Mojave. The USB drive must be at least 8 GB in size. Since you will need to erase all of the files on the USB drive, make sure to back up its contents first. You can reuse this USB drive for normal stuff after you finish installing Mojave.
- TransMac: ($48, 15-day free trial): If you are using a Windows computer to set up Niresh Mojave, you need to use TransMac to write the disk image file onto your USB drive. You can just download the free trial.
- Restore Mojave.pkg: (Free): If you’re using a Mac to set up Niresh Mojave, you need to Hackintosh Zone’s special “Restore Mojave” app to write the disk image file onto your USB drive. Again, you must register on the Hackintosh Zone website to be able to download anything.
- Metal Supported Graphics Card: Metal is the foundation for accelerated graphics and compute on Apple platforms, enabling your apps and games to tap into the incredible power of the GPU. Mojave requires metal compatible Graphics Card to have full graphics acceleration on macOS. But Metal is not necessary to Install macOS.
Create your Niresh Mojave Bootable USB drive.
Creating Niresh Mojave Bootable USB from Mac.
Follow this step if you are setting up Niresh on a Mac or existing Hackintosh. Plug your USB drive into Mac, and open Disk Utility (located in Applications->Utilities in your main hard drive). Select your USB drive in the sidebar of Disk Utility and erase the drive, with the “Format” set to “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” format. You can rename the drive any way you want.
Select the main USB Device, “USB DISK 3.0 Me…” in the example above.
Erase USB as “Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format” & as “GUID Partition Map” Scheme.
Next, make sure that your Niresh Mojave disk image file is in the same folder as “Restore Niresh Mojave.pkg”. If “Restore Niresh Mojave.pkg” is still in a ZIP file, double-click that file to unzip it.
Double click on “Restore Niresh Mojave.pkg” to start the app. By default, the app will be aimed at your computer’s main hard drive (mine is named “Mac” in the picture above). You do not want this– instead, click through the installer until you reach the page with the “Change Install Location” button.
From here, change the install location of the app to your USB drive (mine is named “Mac OS” in the picture above).
Press the enter / return key. The app will ask for your system password. After you enter your password, it will begin writing the Niresh Mojave disk image onto the USB drive.
This will probably take 20-40 minutes, though it may take longer, depending on the speed of your USB drive & Computer. Once it finishes, your USB drive will contain a fully bootable version of the Hackintosh Mojave installer.
NOTE: “Restore Niresh Mojave.pkg” is very glitchy. If you can not find the “Change Install Location” button on the first time that you run the app, restart your computer and re-run the app.
Creating Bootable Niresh Mojave USB from Windows.
Follow this step if you are setting up Niresh Mojave on Windows. Plug your USB drive into your computer, and open TransMac. Find your USB drive on the left-hand column of the TransMac window.
Right-click on the USB drive, and click “Format Disk for Mac”. This will delete all of the files on your drive and prepare it for macOS Mojave.
Once your USB drive is done formatting, right-click it again and click “Restore with Disk Image”.
A file selection window will pop up, Choose your Niresh Mojave disk image file (it will probably be called “Niresh-Mojave.dmg”), and proceed. Now, TransMac will write Niresh Mojave onto your USB drive.
This will probably take 20 to 40 minutes, though it may take longer, depending on the speed of your USB drive. Once TransMac finishes, your USB drive will contain a fully bootable version of the Hackintosh Mojave installer.
Creating Bootable Niresh Mojave USB from Linux.
Preparing Mojave bootable USB from Linux is tricky, First, you have to uncompress dmg, then write it to USB.
Install DMG2IMG with YUM or APT-GET from Terminal
sudo apt-get install dmg2img
sudo yum install dmg2img
de-compress Mojave DMG with DMG2IMG.