When you set up #Hackintosh audio may not work, but most of the sound chipset can be tweaked or Hacked to make audio work without any hassle, Most of the methods for achieving Sound output in Hackintosh are listed here, We have also previously covered about Finding WiFi and Ethernet Kexts for Hackintosh
This is an incomplete article
These are the methods to enable Audio in Hackintosh
AppleALC is an open source KEXT to enable native HD Audio for unsupported codecs
Features of Apple ALC kext
- Audio support starting from the OS installation
- Works even after macOS Update, Doesn’t have to patch anything
- Recovery HD/macOS Installer audio support
- Automated codec detection
- Unsupported audio controller enabling
- Arbitrary kext patching
How to install Apple ALC, Simple with the following steps
- Download latest release of AppleALC.kext
- AppleALC.kext requires Lilu.kext as the dependency which is included in the above package
- Extract and install the downloaded package
- If necessary set kext permissions with the Terminal application, Open terminal and run following commands
- sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
- sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
- Then reboot your Hackintosh
You may need to edit clover configuration plist
Clover config.plist editing
Edit the Inject key under Devices/Audio in config.plist. If it doesn’t exist, paste it in. It is recommended that you use a property list editor such as Xcode & PlistEdit Pro.
I would advise against using Clover Configurator.
<key>Devices</key> <dict> <key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> </dict>
What if your audio does not work?
Open a Bug report
Voodoo HDA Kext
VoodooHDA has been in development for a long time, It is intended as a replacement for AppleHDA on MacOS with support for a wide range of Intel HDA controllers and codecs.
Features of VoodooHDA
- Automatic recognition of all HDA codecs
- Test jacks for auto-switch
- Control panel for fine tuning